For full list of publications:
110. Tanaka M, Homme M, Yamazaki Y, Ae K, Matsumoto S, Subramanian S, and Nakamura T. Cooperation between SS18-SSX1 and miR-214 in synovial sarcoma development and progression. Cancers 2019 (revised)
109. Nalluri H, Subramanian S, and Staley C. Intestinal Organoids: A model to study the role of microbiota in the colonic tumor microenvironment. Future Microbiol. 2019
108. Zhao X, Kassaye B, Wangmo D, Lou E, Subramanian S. Tumor-draining lymph nodes resection and chemotherapy have diverse impacts on cancer immunotherapies doi:https://doi.org/10.1101/664912 iScience 2019 (in revision)
107. Nelson AC, Turbyville T, Dharmaiah S, Rigby M, Yang R, Columbus J, Stephens R, Sciacca D, Onsongo G, Sarver A, Subramanian S, Nissley DV, Simanshu DK, Lou E. RAS internal tandem duplication disrupts GAP-binding to activate oncogenic signaling. BioRxiv 2019; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/737098
106. Nair, AA Tang X, Thompson KJ, Kalari KR, Subramanian S. MicroRNA response elements frequency identifies dysregulation of MAPK signaling in triple negative breast cancer. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/817098. iScience 2019 (in revision)
105. Lou E, Vogel R, Hoostal S, Wong P, Grad A, Monu M, Lukaszewski T, Deshpande J, Dickson E, Klien M, Linden M, Subramanian S, Teoh D, Geller M. Analysis of differentially expressed microRNAs and circulating tumor cells as predictive biomarkers of platinum chemoresistance in primary ovarian carcinomas. The Oncologist 2019 2019-0497.
104. Subramanian S and Steer C. MicroRNA Regulation in Health and Disease. Genes 2019 15;10(6).
103. Yuan C, Steer C, Subramanian S. Host-microRNA-microbiome interactions in colorectal cancer. Genes 2019 2;10(4).
102. Yuan C, Subramanian S. MicroRNA mediated tumor-microbiota metabolic interactions in colorectal cancer. DNA and Cell Biology 2019 Apr;38(4):281-285. (Cover page)
101. Desir S, Wong P, Turbyville T, Chen D, Shetty M, Clark C, Zhai E, Starr T, Nissley D, Steer C, Subramanian S, Lou E. Intercellular transfer of oncogenic RAS induces an invasive phenotype and modulates RAS signaling pathways in wild type RAS cancer cells. Cancers. 2019 Jun 26;11(7)
100. Yuan C, Graham M, Subramanian S. Microbiota-metabolites interactions in non-human primate gastrointestinal tract. BioRxiv 2019 doi: doi.org/10.1101/454496
99. Sarver A, Sarver A, Yuan C, Subramanian S. OMCD: OncoMir cancer database. BMC Cancer 2018 (in press).
98. Lou E, Zhai E, Sarkari A, Desir S, Wong P, Iizuka Y, Yang J, Subramanian S, McCarthy J, Bazzaro M and Steer C. Cellular and molecular networking within the ecosystem of cancer cell communication via tunneling nanotubes. Front. Cell Dev. Biol. 2018 in press
97. Desir S, O'Hare P, Vogel R, Sperduto W, Sarkari A, Dickson E, Wong P, Nelson A, Fong Y, Steer C, Subramanian S and Lou E. Chemotherapy-Induced Tunneling Nanotubes Mediate Intercellular Drug Efflux in Pancreatic Cancer. Nature Scientific Reports 2018 (in press)
96. Rieth JM, Subramanian S. Mechanisms of intrinsic tumor resistance to cancer immunotherapy. Int J Mol Biosci 2018 2: 19 E1340.
95. Zhao X, May A, Lou E Subramanian S. Genotypic and phenotypic signatures to predict immune checkpoint blockade therapy response in patients with colorectal cancer. Translational Res. 2018 196:62-70.
94. Yuan C, Burns M, Subramanian S*, Blekhman R*. Interactions between host microRNAs and the gut microbiota in colorectal cancer. mSystems 2018 15: 3 e00205-17. (Editor's pick) *Corresponding authors
93. Deshpande DA, Guedes AGP, Graeff R, Dogan S, Subramanian S, Walseth TF, Kannan MS. CD38/cADPR signaling pathway in airway disease: Regulatory mechanisms. Mediators of Inflammation 2018 7:8942042.
92. Scott MC, Temiz NA, Sarver AE, LaRue RS, Rathe SK, Varshney J, Wolf NK, Moriarity BS, Spector LG, Modiano JF Largaespada DA Subramanian S, Sarver AL. Comparative transcriptome analysis quantifies immune cell transcript levels metastatic progression and survival in osteosarcoma. Cancer Research 2018 78: 326-337
91. Thayanithy V, O'Hare P, Wong P, Zhao X, Steer CJ, Subramanian S, Lou E. A transwell assay that excludes exosomes for assessment of tunneling nanotube-mediated intercellular communication. Cell Communication and Signaling 2017 15:46.
90. Lou E, Gholami S, Y, Thayanithy V, Fujisawa S, Desir S, Steer C, Subramanian S, Fong Y, Manova K, Moore M. Imaging tunneling membrane tubes cell communication in tumors. Trends in Cancer 2017 10:678-685.
89. Zhao X and Subramanian S. Oncogenic pathways that affect the antitumor immune response and immune checkpoint blockade therapy. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2017 181:76-84.
88. Zhao X, Li L, Starr T, Subramanian S. Tumor location impacts immune response mouse models of colon cancer. Oncotarget 2017 8:54775-54787
87. Zhao X and Subramanian S. Intrinsic resistance of solid tumors to immune checkpoint blockade therapy. Cancer Research 2017 77: 817-822
86. Lou E O'Hare P Subramanian S Steer CJ. Lost in Translation: Applying 2D intercellular communication via tunneling nanotubes in cell culture to the 3D environment of cancer biology. FEBS J 2017 284: 699-707
85. Deshpande AD, Guedes AGP, Lund FE, Subramanian S, Walseth TF, Kannan MS. CD38 in the pathogenesis of allergic airway disease: potential therapeutic targets. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2017 172: 116-126
84. Nair A, Niu N, Tang X, Kocher J, Subramanian S* Kalari K*. Circular RNAs and their associations with Breast Cancer subtype. Oncotarget 2016 DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.13134 *Corresponding authors
83. Sarver A and Subramanian S. Imprinting defects in osteosarcoma: DNA- and chromatin- modifying drugs hold promise to osteosarcoma therapy. Epigenomics 2016 7:885-888
82. Scott MC, Tomiyasu H, Garbe JR, Cornax I, Amaya C, O’Sullivan GM, Subramanian S Bryan B, Modiano JF. Heterotypic models of osteosarcoma recapitulate tumor Heterogeneity and biological behavior. Disease Models Mechanisms 2016 9: 1435-1444. (Selected as an Editor’s Choice lead article of the issue)
81. Dixit A, Sarver A, Yuan Z, George J, Barlass U, Cheema C, Sareen A, Banerjee S, Dudeja V, Dawra R, Subramanian S, Saluja A. Comprehensive analysis of microRNA signature of mouse pancreatic acini identifies over-expression of miR-21-3p in acute pancreatitis. Am J Physiol - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 2016 311: G974–G980.
80. Desir S, Dickson E, Vogel R, Thayanithy V, Wong P, Teoh D, Geller M, Steer C, Subramanian S, Lou E. Tunneling nanotube conduits mediate direct cell-to-cell communication in ovarian cancer: implications for of chemoresistance. Oncotarget 2016 : 10.18632/oncotarget.9504.
79. Dileepan M, Sarver A, Panettieri R, Subramanian S, Kannan M. MicroRNA mediated chemokine responses in human airway smooth muscle cells. PLoS One 2016 11(3):e0150842
78. Yan Y, Hanse EA, Stedman K, Benson JM, Lowman XH, Subramanian S, Kelekar A. ATRA upregulates tumor suppressor phosphatase PHLPP2 via C/EBP-b mediated repression of the miR17~92 cluster in AML. Cell Death and Diff 2016 7:1232-1242.
77. Shu J, Li L, Sarver A, Varshney J, Spector L, Largaespada D, Steer C, and Subramanian S. Imprinting defects at human 14q32 locus gene expression and associated with the pathobiology of osteosarcoma. Oncotarget 2016 doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.6965.
76. Murphy SJ, Hart SN, Halling GC, Johnson SH Drucker T, Lima JF, FR, Harris F Kosari F, Subramanian S Petersen GM, Kipp BR, McWilliams RR, Couch FJ and Vasmatzis G. Integrated genomic analysis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas and impact on the SMAD4 and FHIT genes. Cancer Research 2016, 76:749-761
75. Varshney J, Scott MC, Largaespada DA, Subramanian S. Understanding Osteosarcoma Pathobiology: From Bench to Kennel to Bedside. Veterinary Sciences 2015 3: 3 1-15
74. Sarver AE, Li L, Kartha RV, Subramanian S. MicroRNAs in the malignant transformation process. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015; 889:1-21
73. Scott MC, Sarver AL, Tomiyasu H, Etten JV, Varshney J, Subramanian S, Modiano JF. Aberrant Retinoblastoma (RB)-E2F Transcriptional Regulation Defines Molecular Phenotypes of Osteosarcoma. J Bio Chem 2015, 290:28072-28083
72. Silva M, Hernandez ME, Rojas F, Li L, Subramanian S, Wilson MJ. MicroRNA miR-182 cluster mediated modulation of RECK without changes in cell surface membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase. Am J Cancer Research 2015, 9: 2918-2928
71. Rojas F, Hernandez ME, Silva M, Li L, Subramanian S, Wilson MJ, Liu P. The Oncogenic Response to miR-335 is associated with cell surface expression of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) activity. PLoS One 2015 10:e0132026
70. Deshpande DA, Dileepan M, Walseth TA, Subramanian S and Kannan MS. MicroRNA regulation of airway smooth muscle phenotype: relevance to asthma. Drug Disc Res. 2015 76: 286–295
69. Sarver A and Subramanian S. Are microRNAs the answer to colorectal cancer’s big questions. J Clin Exp Pathol 2015 5:242
68. Varshney J and Subramanian S. MicroRNAs as target in human bone and soft tissue sarcoma therapeutics. Front Mol Biosci 2015 2: 31
67. Sarver AE, Sarver AL, Thayanithy V, Subramanian S. Identification by systematic RNA sequencing of novel candidate biomarkers and therapeutic targets in human soft tissue tumors. Lab Invest 2015 95: 1077-1088
66. Sarver AE, Subramanian S. MicroRNAs in the pathobiology of sarcomas. Lab Invest 2015 95:987-994
65. Oliveira A, Beyer G, Chugh R, Skube S, Majumder K, Banerjee S, Sangwan V, Dawra R, Subramanian S, Saluja A and Dudeja A. Triptolide abrogates growth of colon cancer and induces cell cycle arrest by inhibiting transcriptional activation of E2F. Lab Invest 2015 95: 648-659
64. Guedes AGP, Deshpande DA, Dileepan M, Walseth TF, Panettieri RA, Subramanian S and Kannan MS. CD38 and Airway hyperresponsiveness: Studies on human airway smooth muscle cells and mouse models. Can J Physiol Pharm 2015 93: 145-153
63. Li L, Sarver A, Rohini K, Hajeri P, French A, Thibodeau, S Steer C, Subramanian S. Sequential expression of miR-182 and miR-503 cooperatively targets FBXW7 contributing to the malignant transformation of colon adenoma to adenocarcinoma. J Pathol 2014 234: 488-501 (Cover page article)
62. Dileepan M, Jude JA, Rao SP, Panettieri RA, Subramanian S, Walseth TF, and Kannan MS. MicroRNA-708 regulates CD38 expression through signaling pathways JNK MAPKinase and PTEN/AKT in human airway smooth muscle cells. Respir Res. 2014 15:107
61. Thayanithy V, Dickson EL, Steer C, Subramanian S, Lou E. Tumor-stromal cross-talk: Direct cell-to-cell transfer of oncogenic microRNAs via tunneling nanotubes. Transl Res 2014 164: 359-365
60. Thayanithy V, Babatunde V, Dickson EL, Wong P, Oh S, Ke X, Barlas A, Fujisawa S, Y, Moreira AL, Downey RJ, Steer CJ, Subramanian S, Lou E. Tumor exosomes induce tunneling nanotubes in lipid raft-enriched regions of human mesothelioma cells. Exp Cell Res 2014, 323: 178-188
59. Kartha RV and Subramanian S. Competing Endogenous RNAs (ceRNAs): New Entrants to the Intricacies of Gene Regulation. Front Genet 2014 30;5:8
58. Varshney J and Subramanian S. Small is the new big- interplay of microRNAs in cancer. Current Science 2014 107: 803-814
Prior to 2013
57. Khatri R and Subramanian S. MicroRNA-135b and its circuitry networks as potential therapeutic targets in colon cancer. Front Oncol 2013 3:268
56. Lou E, Subramanian S, Steer C. Pancreatic Cancer: Modulation of KRAS MicroRNAs and Intercellular Communication in the Setting of Tumor Heterogeneity. Pancreas 2013 42: 1218-1226
55. S, Thayanithy V, Sangwan V, MacKenzie T, Saluja A and Subramanian S. Minnelide induces cell death and reduces tumor burden in orthotopic mice models of osteosarcoma. Cancer Letters 2013 335: 412-420
54. MacKenzie T, Mujumdar N, Banerjee S, Sangwan V, Sarver A, Vickers S, Subramanian S, Saluja A. Triptolide Induces the Expression of miR-142-3p a Negative Regulator of heat shock protein 70 and pancreatic cancer cell proliferation. Molecular Cancer Ther 2013 12:1266-1275
52. Sarver A, Thayanithy V, Scott M, Cleton AM, Hogendoorn P, Modiano J, Subramanian S. Integrative and comparative genomic analyses of human and canine osteosarcoma reveal the prognostic significance of 14q32 locus microRNAs. Orph J Rare Diseases 2013 8: 7
52. Charbonneau B, Vogel R, Manivel C, Rizzardi A, Schmechel S, Ognjanovic S, Subramanian S, Largaespada D, Weigel B. Expression of FGFR3 and FGFR4 and clinical risk factors associated with progression-free survival in synovial sarcoma. Human Pathology 201344:1918-1926
51. Sunderbose K, Kartha RV Subramanian S. MicroRNAs as biomarkers in cancer. Diagnostics. 2013 3: 84-104
50. Raghu R, Liu CT, Mong-Hsun T, Xiaojia T, Krishna K, Subramanian S, Lee-Yan S. Transcriptome analysis of hepatoprotection against alcoholic fatty liver. J Chem. 2012 60:11104-11119
49. Shu J, Xia Z, Li L, Liang ET, Slipek N, Shen D, Foo J, Subramanian S, Steer C. Dose- dependent differential mRNA target selection and regulation by let-7a-7f and miR-17-92 cluster microRNAs. RNA Biol 2012 9:1275-1287
48. Angstadt AY, Thayanithy V, Subramanian S, Modiano JF and Breen M. A genome-wide approach to comparative oncology: High-resolution oligonucleotide aCGH of canine and human osteosarcoma pinpoints shared . Cancer Genetics 2012 205:572-587
47. Sarver A and Subramanian S. Competitive endogenous RNA Database. Bioinformation 2012 8(15): 731-733.
46. Thayanithy V, Park C, Sarver A, Kartha RV, Korpela DM, Graef AJ, Steer CJ, Modiano JF Subramanian S. Combinatorial treatment of DNA and chromatin-modifying drugs cause cell death in human and canine osteosarcoma cell lines. PLOS One 2012 7(9): e43720.
45. Jude J, Dileepan M, Subramanian S, Solway J, Panettieri R, Walseth T, Kannan MS. MicroRNA miR-140-3p regulation of TNF- -induced CD38 expression in human airway smooth muscle cells. Am J of Physiol 2012 303:460-468
44. Subramanian S and Kartha RV. MicroRNA mediated gene regulations in human sarcomas. Cell Mol Life Sci 2012 69: 3571-3585
43. Lou E, Fujisawa S, Barlas A, Y, Manova-Todorova K, Moore M Subramanian S. Tunneling nanotubes: A new paradigm for studying intercellular communication and therapeutics in cancer. Commun Integer Biol 2012 5: 399–403 (Cover page article)
42. Steer CJ and Subramanian S. Circulating microRNAs as Biomarkers: A New Frontier in Diagnostics. Liver Transplantation 2012 18:265-269 (Cover page article)
41. Li L, Sarver A, Alamgir S and Subramanian S. Downregulation of microRNAs miR-1 -206 and -29 stabilizes PAX3 and CCND2 expression in rhabdomyosarcoma. Lab Invest 2012 92:571-83
40. Thyanithy V, Sarver A, Kartha R, Park CW, Scott MC, Angstadt A, Breen M, Steer CJ, Modiano J and Subramanian S. Perturbation in 14q32 miRNAs-MYC-miR-17~92 gene network to osteosarcoma. Bone 2012 50:171-181
39. Shu J, Kren BT, Xia Z, Wong PY, Li L, Hanse EA, Min MM, Li B, Albrecht JH, Zeng Y Subramanian S, and Steer CJ. Genome-wide microRNA downregulation as a negative feedback mechanism in the early phases of liver regeneration. Hepatology 2011 54:609-619
38. Oberg AL, French AJ Sarver AL Subramanian S, Morlan BW, Riska SM, Borralho PM, Cunningham JM, Boardman LA, Wang L, Smyrk TC, Asmann Y, Steer CJ, Thibodeau SN. MicroRNA expression in colon polyps provides evidence for a multi-hit model of colon cancer. PLoS One 2011 6(6): e20465
37. Scott MC, Sarver Gavin K, Thayanithy V, Getzy DM, Newman RA, Cutter GR, Lindblad-Toh K, Kisseberth WC, Hunter LE, Subramanian S, Breen M, Modiano JF. Molecular subtypes of osteosarcoma identified by reducing tumor heterogeneity through an innovative comparative approach. Bone 2011 54:609-619
36. Mills AM, Beck AH, Montgomery K, Zhu SX, Espinosa I, Lee CH, Subramanian S Fletcher C, van de Rijn M, West RB. Expression of subtype-specific Group 1 leiomyosarcoma markers in a wide variety of sarcomas by gene expression analysis and immunohistochemistry. Am J Surg Pathol 2011 35:583-589
35. Beckman JD, Chen C, Nguyen J, Thayanithy V, Subramanian S, Steer CJ, Vercellotti GM. Regulation of Heme-Oxygenase-1 protein expression by miR-377 in combination with miR- 217. J Biol Chem 2011 286: 3194-3202
34. Shu J, Kren BT, Xia Z, Wong PY, Li L, Hanse EA, Min MM, Li B, Albrecht JH, Zeng Y Subramanian S, Steer CJ. Genome-wide microRNA downregulation as a negative feedback mechanism in the early phases of liver regeneration. Hepatology 2011 54:609-619
33. Park C, Zeng Y, Zhang X, Subramanian S, and Steer CJ. MicroRNAs identified in highly purified nuclei from HCT116 colon cancer cells. RNA Biology 2010 7:(5)
32. Sarver A, Phalak R, Thayanithy V, Subramanian S. S-MED: Sarcoma microRNA Expression Database. Lab Invest 2010 90: 753-761
31. Sarver A, Li L, Subramanian S. MicroRNA miR-183 functions as a potential oncogene by targeting EGR1 and promoting tumor cell migration. Cancer Research 2010, 70: 9570-9580.
30. Subramanian S* Thayanithy, V West RB, Lee CH, Beck AH, Zhu S, Downs-Kelly, E Montgomery K, Goldblum JR, Hogendoorn PCW, Corless CL, Oliveira AM, Dry SM, Nielsen TO, Rubin BP, Fletcher JA, Fletcher CDM, van de Rijn M. Genome-wide transcriptome analyses p53 inactivation mediated loss of miR-34a expression in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors. J Pathol 2010 220: 58-70 *Corresponding author selected as topic and highlighted in J Pathol. Virtual Issue Number 1 April 2010
29. Subramanian S and Steer CJ. MicroRNA as gatekeepers of apoptosis. J Cell Physiol 2010 223: 289-298 (cover page article and discussed in the highlight section)
28. Kartha RV and Subramanian S. MicroRNAs in cardiovascular diseases: Biology and potential clinical applications. J Cardiovasc Tran Res 2010 3: 256-270
27. Wang L, Tang H, Thayanithy T, Subramanian S, Oberg AL, Cunningham JM, Cerhan JR, Steer CJ, Thibodeau SN. Gene networks and microRNAs implicated in aggressive prostate cancer. Cancer Research 2009 69:9490-9497
26. Lee CH, Subramanian S, Beck AH, Espinosa I, Senz J, Zhu S, Huntsman D, van de Rijn M Gilks C. MicroRNA profiling of BRCA1/2 mutation-carrying and non-mutation carrying high-grade serous carcinomas of . PLoS One 2009 4(10):e7314
25. Sarver AL, French A, Borralho PM, Thayanithy V, Silverstein K, Morlan B, Oberg A, Cunningham J, Subramanian S, Wang L, Rodrigues C, Thibodeau SN, Steer CJ. Human colon cancer profiles show differential microRNA expression depending on mismatch repair status and are characteristic of undifferentiated proliferative states. BMC Cancer 2009 9:401
24. Wang L, Oberg AL, Asmann YW, Sicotte H, McDonnell SK, Riska SM, Liu W, Steer CJ, Subramanian S Cunningham JM Cerhan JR and Thibodeau SN. Genome-wide transcriptional profiling reveals microRNA-correlated genes and pathways in human lymphoblastoid cell lines. PLoS One 2009 4 (6): e5878
23. Hu Z, Fan C, Livasy C, He X, Oh DS Ewend MG, Carey LA, Subramanian S, West R, Ikpatt F, Olopade OI, van de Rijn M, Perou CM. A compact VEGF signature associated with distant metastases and poor outcomes. BMC Medicine 2009 Mar 16;7:9
22. Clarke B, Tinker AV, Lee C, Subramanian S, van de Rijn M, Turbin D, Cadungog MG, Huntsman D, Coukos G, Gilks CB. Intraepithelial T cells and Prognosis in Ovarian Carcinoma: Novel Associations with Stage Tumor Type and BRCA1 Loss. Mod Pathol 2009 22:393-402
21. Subramanian S, Lui WO, Lee CH, Espinosa E, Nielsen T, Heinrich M, Corless C, Fire A, and van de Rijn M. MicroRNA expression signature of human soft tissue tumors. Oncogene 2008 27; 2015-2026
20. Lubieniecka JM, de Bruijn D, Su Dijk A, Subramanian S, van de Rijn M, Poulin N, van Kessel, A Nielsen TO. Histone deacetylase inhibitors reverse SS18-SSX mediated polycomb silencing of the tumor suppressor EGR1 in synovial sarcoma. Cancer Research 2008 68: 4303-4310
19. Lee C, Espinosa I, Jensen, K, Subramanian S, Zhu S, Varma S, Montgomery K, Nielsen TO, van de Rijn M, and West R. Gene expression profiling identifies p63 as a diagnostic marker for giant cell tumor of the bone. Modern Pathology 2008 21:531-539
18. Lee C, Espinosa I, Vrijaldenhoven S, Subramanian S, Montgomery K, Zhu S, Poulin N Nielsen T, West R, Gilks B, van de Rijn M. Prognostic significance of macrophage marker in leiomyosarcomas. Clinical Research 2008 14; 1423-1430
17. Espinosa I Lee C Kim M Rouse B Subramanian S Montgomery K Corless CL Heinrich MC Smith KS et al. A novel monoclonal antibody against DOG1 is a sensitive and specific marker for gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Am J Surg Path 2008 32; 210-218
16. Terry J, Saito T, Subramanian S, Ruttan C, Antonescu CR, Goldblum JR, Downs-Kelly E Corless CL, Rubin BP, van de Rijn M, Ladanyi M Nielsen TO. TLE1 as a diagnostic immunohistochemical marker for synovial sarcoma emerging from gene expression profiling studies. Am J Surg Path 2007 31: 240-246
15. West RB, Rubin BP, Miller M, Subramanian S, Kaygusuz G, Montgomery K, Luca AD, Gilks B, Nielsen TO, Huntsman D van de Rijn M. CSF1-COL6A3 gene fusion is present in a minority of tumor cells in giant cell tumor and pigment villonodular synovitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2006 103:690-695
14. Subramanian S, West RB, Marinelli RJ, Nielsen TO, Rubin BP, Goldblum, JR Patel, RM Zhu S Montgomery K, Ng TL, Corless CL, Heinrich MC van de Rijn M. Gene Expression Profile of Extraskeletal Myxoid Chondrosarcoma. J Pathol 2005 206:433-444
13. Suresh A, Shah V, Rani DS, Singh BN, Uma G, Subramanian S, Kumar S and Singh L. A mouse gene encoding a novel member of the WD family of proteins is highly conserved and predominantly expressed in testis (wdr13). Mol Reprod Dev 2005 72: 299-310
12. West RB, Nuyten DSA, Subramanian S, Corless CL, Rubin BP, Montgomery K, Zhu SX, Nielsen TO, Patel R, Goldblum JR, Brown PO, van de Vijver M, van de Rijn M. Stromal Expression Signatures Predict Outcome in Breast Carcinoma. PLoS Biology 2005 3:3187
11. Subramanian S, West RB, Corless CL, Ou W, Rubin BP, Chu K, Leung SY, Yuen ST, Zhu S, Hernandez-Boussard T, Montgomery KD, Nielsen TO, Patel RM Goldblum JR, Heinrich MC, Fletcher JA and van de Rijn M. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs) with KIT and PDGFRA mutations have distinct gene expression profiles. Oncogene 2004 23: 7780-7790
10. West RB, Corless CL, Chen X, Rubin BP, Subramanian S, Montgomery KD, Zhu S, Ball CA, Nielsen TO, Patel R, Goldblum JR, Brown PO, Heinrich MC van de Rijn M. The Novel Marker DOG1 is expressed ubiquitously in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors irrespective of KIT or PDGFRA mutation status. Am J Pathol 2004 165: 107-113
9. Sabarinadh Ch, Subramanian S and Mishra RK. Extreme conservation of non-repetitive - coding regions near HoxD complex of vertebrates. BMC Genomics 2004 5:75
8. Subramanian S, Mishra RK and Singh L Genome-wide analysis of microsatellite repeats in human: Abundance and their density in specific genomic regions Genome Biology 2004 4
7. Subramanian S, Mishra RK and Singh L. Genome-wide analysis of Bkm sequences (GATA repeats): Predominant association with sex chromosomes and potential role in chromatin organization and function. Bioinformatics 2003 19: 681-685
6. Subramanian S Madugula VM George R Mishra RK Pandit MW S Kumar and Singh L. Triplet analysis in genome: Abundance distribution and association with genes and other genomic regions. Bioinformatics 2003 19: 549-552
5. Subramanian S, Madugula VM George R, Satish Kumar C Pandit MW Singh L. SSRD: A simple sequence repeat database for genome. Comparative and Functional Genomic 2003 4: 342-345
4. Thangaraj K, Subramanian S and Singh L. A unique case of deletion and duplication in the long arm of the Y chromosome in an individual with ambiguous genitalia. Am J Med Genet 2003 116: 205-207
3. Singh BN, Suresh A, Uma, Subramanian S, Sultana MS, Goel Kumar S and Singh L. A highly conserved human gene encoding a novel member of WD-repeat family of proteins (WDR13). Genomics 2003 81: 315-328
2. Thangaraj K, Gupta NJ, Pavini K, Reddy AG, Subramanian S, Rani DS, Ghosh B, Chakravarty B and Singh L. Y-chromosome deletion in Azoospermic Men in India. J Andrology 2003 24: 588-597
1. Subramanian S, Madgula VM, George R, Mishra RK, Pandit MW, Kumar CS, Singh L MRD: a microsatellite repeats database for prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes. Genome Biology. 2002; 3 12